The Liebster award is an informal award that is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, who then nominate other up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. I was nominated by Jenn Lost in Chaos. Thank you Jenn for the nomination! Please go and check out her blog, especially She Inspires Me.
These are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their site.
- Answer the 10 questions provided.
- Nominate 10 new up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create your own 10 questions to be answered by the bloggers you nominated.
Here are the questions Jenn asked me:
- Why did you start blogging? I love to tell stories and to write. Recently a friend told me I should share these stories with others. After a lot of prayer, I went out on a limb… and started blogging. I started out just on Facebook.. then moved to WordPress.
- What is your favorite time of day? I LOVE the early morning hours. Midnight to 3 am are my favorite. There is no need to feel guilty to be Still .. To just read or write or watch movies. Cleaning anything would wake up my family.. so it is guilt free time. When I am not “one” with my insomnia.. I love the early hours of morning before my kids wake up. A time when the day is fresh and new.. and full of hope.
- Who inspires you and why? My kids inspire me. In this imperfect world, my kids overcome their “weaknesses” and shine. What do you see when you look at them? All you see are their beautiful souls. That is who I want to be. Just a beautiful soul.
- What is your favorite animal and why? My favorite animal is (and probably always will be) the elephant. Why? I am not sure. Maybe because they are so graceful. Maybe because of their understated strength. Maybe because it is said that an elephant never forgets… or that elephants actually mourn their loved ones when they die. But honestly? Honestly I just think they are beautiful.
- How do you like to waste time? Reading.. or research. Or maybe reading research. I LOVE to read. I can reread my favorite books, read new books.. or simply read a documentary on the use of vitamins in Autism treatment. Reading is in my blood.
- Name one place you would like to visit and why. I love to travel with my family. Our goal is to see every state in the US before my daughter graduates. But if I had to pick a place outside of the United States… then I would love to visit Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Western Europe. My family immigrated from those countries over the last 300 years.. and I have a burning desire to see where I come from. I would tour castles.. and walk through old forests. Visit old farmhouses. I just want to breathe the air.. and see what stories the air will tell me.
- If you celebrated Halloween and dressed up as a kid what was your favorite costume and why? I know I dressed up for Halloween as a kid.. but I don’t remember any of my costumes. I remember some of my younger brothers’ costumes.. but none of my own. What I do remember was that amazing feeling of being “safely” scared. I remember the excitement as you knocked on each door, wondering what treat you would get. And I remember knowing some of the neighbors so well, that we would all be ushered inside for hot cocoa and candied apples. So I guess the costumes were really irrelevant. Only the happiness mattered.
- Do you believe in miracles? Absolutely. As soon as my firstborn child was born.. all doubts disappeared. I always knew that God could do all things according with His Plan… But holding the child that had grown inside me… it erased any doubts.
- What is your favorite book, tv show or movie? Pick one or all three. (I am going to pause here.. like I am thinking about it.) Without a doubt.. My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. The movie version that BBC produced of Pride and Prejudice is amazing as well. I have read and re-read this book every year since I was 16. It is a marvelous look at life and relationships of England so long ago. The story itself is ultimately a romance. But before the romance rears its head.. you have thoroughly learned the characters of everyone in the story. To live so completely inside someone else’s life? It is fascinating!!
- What have you learned from blogging? I have learned a lot. Blogging is like visiting a close friend. Someone who lets you spill everything on your mind without interrupting ..before they reply. That refreshing feeling you get when you talk yourself out. I get that satisfied feeling every time I finish typing a post. That is what blogging has done for me. But what I didn’t expect to learn from blogging? I didn’t expect people to understand the way I think and feel. I didn’t expect for people to feel the emotions that go behind my words. That was an added Blessing.
Here are your questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite season?
- If you could have lunch with one person, past or present.. who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite animal and why?
- How do you like to waste time?
- Name one place you would like to visit and why.
- What is your favorite holiday to celebrate and why?
- What is the first memory you have?
- What is your favorite book, tv show or movie? Pick one or all three.
- What have you learned from blogging?
My Nominees are: